Long Live ♥: will people please calm down
not every white person’s relatives killed native americans, okay? mine weren’t even in america at the time. in fact, native americans aren’t always mongoloid either, i know a girl who is white and has blond hair and she’s like 100%
they’re just clothes. you can still have respect and understand their culture and wear them. heck, you might know that your relatives may have killed them but still respect them and wear the clothes. because WE aren’t our ancestors.
then again, since i’m not native american myself i can’t claim to be 100% accurate on this so please don’t get offended if i’m wrong.
I take it you’re talking about hipsters wearing headdresses. The thing is, THEY ARE SACRED REGALIA. It doesn’t matter who you are, even if you’re native, IT’S TERRIBLY DISRESPECTFUL TO WEAR HEADDRESSES. They are only meant for certain men of certain status. Not for silly children who want to play dress up. If any of these stupid kids actually understood and respected native american culture, they wouldn’t try to “dress up like us” because guess what?! I WEAR NORMAL CLOTHES. If you are really trying to dress up like natives and you think you understand and respect our culture, then you are very ignorant.
ugh ugh ugh ugh
do NOT tell us to ‘calm down’ about the constant cultural theft of our sacred things. when you erode a cultue, you erode people. Living, breathing people who suffer and have suffered so much already.
so what if your ancestors didn’t kill mine? if you’re living in colonized land and you are not indigenous, you are still benefitting from our genocide. and guess who’s suffering as a result.
1. okay. it doesn’t matter that you ancestors didn’t kill any, because boom! you’re living on stolen, native land, and are trying to deny any ties with the genocide you’re benefiting from.
2. mongoloid is both ableist, and from a largely racist-based branch of science.
3. YOU KNOW A GIRL WHO’S WHITE AND YET ALMOST 100%. that doesn’t even make sense. stop grasping for straws.
4. you are not respecting them by wearing them. you respect them by, saying oh that’s nice, you read about the history, and you keep your cultural appropriating hands off of native stuff.
5. don’t get offended if you’re wrong? please thoroughly shut the fuck up. here you are preaching with no background information to justify something that is heavily racist and you want people to not be upset with you. do you hear yourself?
6. by the way, you are so inaccurate it’d be laughable if it weren’t so uncommon.